Sunday, July 10, 2005

home for now, wherever that is

so i've driven myself and my poor husband crazy for the past week. with the idea in my head of moving back north, i looked for library jobs and found that there is a head of reference position available in my hometown library. with a deadline of next friday. enter wild fantasies of living the "professorial marriage" until he's able to move up north too. i have relatives who have done it with small children, but it's by no means easy, and probably not reasonable for us.

yesterday was my first day back at work. thanks to my smart and smart-ass coworkers, i left in a much better mood. also attended a political fundraiser bbq last night, which boosted the soul a bit further.

more politics today. and gardening. and making food and jewelry.

book ordered and waiting for: design of dissent, by milton glaser.
reading currently: what god had joined together?: a christian case for gay marriage.

No comments: