Thursday, April 12, 2007

this sanjaya thing

let me start with the standard "but of course i don't watch american idol". which is actually true, i don't like it because i am not interested in common denominator music, even if all hipsters bow before kelly clarkson's 'since u been gone.'

while there's plenty of chatter about the sanjaya phenomenon, i haven't seen anything about the underlying reason this is happening. ladies and gentlemen, it's about race. it's about those 'other' categories on the census. don't believe me? well, can you imagine this joke (or however you think of it) going on so long if the kid in question was white?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to disagree. He's a horrible singer and he's ambiguously gay. The fact that he's Indian is beside the point. I think it's a gay and bad singing thing. Really, honestly, and it's not because I just drank a bottle of Chardonnay/Verdelho, whatever that is. It's FRUITY! Weeeeeeeeeee. SANJAYA!!!